‘I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions’ (Stephen Covey)
1. We should do absolutely everything we can to push students as far as they can go. Absolutely no excuses.
2. There is never an acceptable time to give up on a student.
3. The only barriers to student progress are the ones we allow to exist.
5. Teaching is a drug and the best teachers keep going back for more.
6. The best teachers are those that are most passionate and most enthusiastic. They never give up.
7. Every teacher needs a great mentor. Teaching is a collective responsibility.
8. The biggest impact upon student attainment is the teacher that stands in front of them. You raise attainment by improving the quality of these teachers.
9. CPD must be exceptional. Teachers must leave knowing how to be better teachers.
15. ‘Hard to reach’ parents perceive ‘hard to reach’ schools
18. Homework can have a dramatic impact on a child’s education, but only if done right.